You favorite chicken dish in sandwich form!
Nadia G.'s Saltimbocca Chicken Cutlet Sandwich
- 4 Cutlets (free-range chicken)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 4 Slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Sweet gherkins (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Minced fresh sage
- 4 Kaiser rolls (halved and toasted)
- 10 Fresh Bibb lettuce
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken cutlets 1/4 inch thick.
- Then dip the chicken cutlets in the beaten eggs and coat them with the Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- In a large frying pan, heat the canola oil to 350F, and fry the cutlets for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden, crispy and cooked through. Drain the cutlets on paper towels.
- Add the prosciutto slices to the pan, and fry for about 1 minute, until very crispy. Drain the crispy prosciutto on paper towels.
- For the Sage Mayo: In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise with the sweet gherkins and sage.
- To Assemble: Slather each kaiser roll with sage mayonnaise, add a cutlet and a slice of crispy prosciutto and top it off with some lettuce leaves.