Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Mario Batali's Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
- 6 Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 3 Serrano Peppers (thinly sliced)
- 3 Pickled Jalapenos (thinly sliced)
- 1 large White Onion (thinly sliced)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Pickled Cherry Peppers to serve
- 6 Hero
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Place sausage on grill and cook until crispy and lightly charred on both sides.
- Heat a large saute pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Cook peppers and onions, seasoning with salt and pepper, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Serve sausage and peppers on a hero roll. Garnish with cherry peppers.