Warm Green Salad
Mario Batali's Sauteed Escarole with Chilies
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Anchovy Fillets (roughly chopped)
- 4 Garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 Fresno Chili (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 head Escarole (cleaned and cut in 1/2-inch ribbons)
- Salt and ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add about 1/4 cup of olive oil and add the anchovies. Allow the anchovies to melt into the olive oil.
- Toss in the garlic and allow to cook for about 30 seconds. Add the chili and cook until fragrant. Add the greens and cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and chili flake.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over, and serve.