These lush scallops take on the flavors of the dish's surrounding ingredients like golden raisins, white wine, and pistachios.
- 10 large scallops, patted dry
- 10 ounces baby spinach, cleaned
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat two large sauté pans over medium-high heat.
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the wine and raisins. Bring up to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to one pan. Season the scallops on both sides with salt and pepper and then place the scallops in the hot pan.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes without touching, ensuring that the scallops develop a dark golden sear.
- In the other pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the spinach. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, toss to coat a few times, and once the spinach just starts to wilt, take off the heat, about 45 seconds.
- Flip the scallops and add half the butter. Once the butter is browned, add the wine and raisin mixture to the pan. Add the pistachios, orange juice and zest, and then the butter. Swirl to emulsify.
- Adjust seasoning and then add the parsley. Toss everything to coat.
- Plate the spinach and then place the scallops on the bed of greens.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Clams, Mussels, & Scallops Courses & Meals Dinner Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day