These heavily seasoned fries would also be delicious with a dusting of your favorite cheese.
- step-by-step directions
- 6 Russet Potatoes (scrubbed clean)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt (plus more to garnish if desired)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Preheat oil oil to 325 degrees F. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch thick matchsticks.
- Prepare a sheet pan with paper towels and a cooling rack. Begin to par cook the potatoes in the preheated oil for 6 minutes. The potatoes should take on minimal color. Remove from oil with a spider or large slotted utensil to the prepared sheet pan. Allow par cooked potatoes to cool to room temperature and blot off excess oil with a paper towel.
- Increase oil temperature to 360 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the spices. Toss the par cooked potatoes in the spice mixture, working in batches, and place in the oil to fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet pan and season with additional salt if desired.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw