These heavily seasoned fries would also be delicious with a dusting of your favorite cheese.
- step-by-step directions
- 6 Russet Potatoes (scrubbed clean)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt (plus more to garnish if desired)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Preheat oil oil to 325 degrees F. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch thick matchsticks.
- Prepare a sheet pan with paper towels and a cooling rack. Begin to par cook the potatoes in the preheated oil for 6 minutes. The potatoes should take on minimal color. Remove from oil with a spider or large slotted utensil to the prepared sheet pan. Allow par cooked potatoes to cool to room temperature and blot off excess oil with a paper towel.
- Increase oil temperature to 360 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the spices. Toss the par cooked potatoes in the spice mixture, working in batches, and place in the oil to fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet pan and season with additional salt if desired.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel