Unique Breakfast Dish
Dustin Smallheer's Short Rib French Toast
- 1 pound Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Adobo Rub
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/3 cup shredded Manchego Cheese
- 1 small loaf French Bread (cut into 4 2-inch slices)
- 1 1/2 cups Maple Syrup
- 6 dried Chipotle Peppers
- Chipotle Powder (to taste)
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Blend adobo rub and brown sugar together to make rub. Apply to short ribs and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Take short ribs and put in roasting pan. Add beef broth to pan and cook in oven at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Let cool and then use your hand to pull apart the short ribs. Add manchego cheese to shredded beef. Set aside.
- Heat maple syrup with chipotle peppers to infuse. Heat to warm and then set aside, keeping the peppers in. Adjust seasoning to taste with chipotle powder.
- Take your French loaf and cut into 4 2-inch slices. Cut a pocket into the bread for your mixture. Take your mixture and stuff the bread until the mixture sticks out slightly over the bread.
- Take eggs, milk and cinnamon and make mixture for bread. Take your French toast, put in baking dish and pour egg mixture over the bread. Let sit for at least 1 hour so egg can soak all the way through. Once bread is soaked through, cook in a large non stick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure to flip on each side of the bread crust as well to cook the egg through. Serve French toast with chipotle syrup.