Leave it to Carla Hall to take the calming effects of Chai tea and turn them into a cookie. These treats are perfect for snacks or the capper to a great meal.
Shortbread Cookies with Chai Tea Ganache
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter (chilled)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups dark chocolate
- 1 Pint heavy cream
- 4 tea bags chai tea
- 16 oz dark chocolate (melted)
- Whisk flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl to blend. Add 1 stick butter. Crumble together with fingers until dough resembles peas. Form dough into disk and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a 1 inch cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes until pale golden.
- For the Chai tea Ganache: Heat cream in small saucepan with tea bags. Bring up to simmer and remove from heat. Remove tea bags, squeezing excess liquid into cream. Pour warm cream over the two cups chocolate, stir until chocolate is melted. Allow to cool until it is a spreadable consistency.
- To build sandwich: Spread one side of cookie with ganache and place another to create a sandwich. Continue until you've used all your cookies.
- Melt 16 oz chocolate over a double boiler. Enrobe sandwiches in melted chocolate and place on parchment to set.
Similar categories: Desserts