A simple summer dish!
Michael Symon's Shrimp with Corn and Basil
- 1 pound Shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for finish
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Crushed Red Chile Flake (to taste)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 Ears Corn
- 1/2 bunch Basil
- 1 Pint Sweet 100 Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 limes (zest and juice)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt, and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to skillet, once hot, add the shrimp. Sear on both sides. Add the onion, garlic and chili flakes to taste. Add a pinch of salt, and cook until softened. Add the corn and tomatoes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add lime zest and juice and a splash of water, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add basil, butter and a last drizzle of olive oil to finish. Transfer to plate and serve.