Red Pepper Shrimp
Weight Watchers Shrimp Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (Extra-Virgin; divided)
- 1 pound (s) uncooked Shrimp (large-size; peeled and deveined; 21 to 25 per pound)
- 4 teaspoons minced Garlic (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon table Salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes (or to taste)
- 28 ounces canned Tomatoes (whole; in juice; coarsely crushed)
- 1/2 cup (s) Basil (fresh; chopped)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, 1 teaspoon garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat 1 more teaspoon oil in same skillet over low heat. Add remaining tablespoon garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring a few times, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to skillet; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, scraping any browned bits of food from bottom of skillet. Simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Return shrimp and any juices to skillet; heat through. Stir in basil until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 teaspoon oil and season with additional crushed red pepper, if desired. Yields a generous 3/4 cup per serving.