Linguini with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Feta
Michael Symon's Shrimp and Spring Vegetable Pasta
- 1 pound Linguini (fresh or dried)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for finishing)
- 1 pound medium Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 cup Spring Peas
- 1 cup pasta Water
- 1 small bunch Asparagus (trimmed and sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves (torn)
- 1 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled, optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add your pasta to the water and occasionally give it a stir so it doesn’t stick together.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season your shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper then add them to the pan, cooking for one minute per side.
- Add your garlic to the pan next and cook for an additional minute, being careful not to brown. Ladle 1 cup of pasta water into the pan and add your peas. Simmer for about 1 minute then add the sliced asparagus.
- Remove the pasta from the pot and add it to the pan sauce. Stir the noodles into the sauce and continue to simmer for about 30 seconds adding additional pasta water if necessary. Turn off the heat and stir in the mint.
- Drizzle the finished pasta with some more olive oil and add the crumbled feta if desired. Serve immediately.