Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple
Erica Ban's Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 Chipotle Chile (seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Adobo Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Pineapple (cut into rings)
- 1 pound large Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro
- Corn or Flour Tortillas (warmed)
- fresh Limes
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat grill. In blender, puree chile, adobo sauce, honey, garlic, half of pineapple and salt and pepper. Pour half of the sauce in a baking dish with the shrimp to marinate for a few hours. Alternatively, you can brush the shrimp with the sauce when grilling. Save the rest for serving.
- Grill onion and rest of pineapple, until tender, turning halfway through. When done remove from grill and chop. Stir in cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp. Squeeze limes over shrimp.
- Assemble warm tortillas with shrimp and salsa and serve with reserved sauce.