The longer the shrimp marinate, the more flavorful they become. Reserve some sauce to drizzle on your warm tortilla before serving.
Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 chipotle chile (seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pineapple, cut into rings
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro
- fresh limes
- corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- salt & pepper
- Preheat grill.
- In blender, puree chile, adobo sauce, honey, garlic, half of pineapple and salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the sauce in a baking dish with the shrimp to marinate for a few hours. Alternatively, you can brush the shrimp with the sauce when grilling. Save the rest for serving.
- Grill onion and rest of pineapple, until tender, turning halfway through.
- When done remove from grill and chop.
- Stir in cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp. Squeeze limes over shrimp.
- Assemble warm tortillas with shrimp and salsa and serve with reserved sauce.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Dinner Techniques BBQ & Grilling Cuisine Mexican