Shrimp with Sauteed Vegetables
Michael Symon's Shrimp with Tomato and Feta
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium Shallot (minced)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 4 cups whole San Marzano Tomatoes (slightly broken with their juices)
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3/4 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Place a cast iron pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil along with the garlic, and shallot. Season with a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables soften and become aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and coriander and sweat for a few seconds and then deglaze with white wine. Reduce the wine by half, this should only take a minute, then add the tomatoes. Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Season the shrimp with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the shrimp all at once to the simmering liquid, gently stirring. Cook until pink and slightly firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the feta over the top then broil until slightly golden. Serve with some crusty or grilled bread.