Low on calories, big on flavor!
Shrimp and Vegetable Skewers
- For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 bunch Scallions (sliced - white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne
For the Skewers:
- 1 pound Large Shrimp
- 1 Yellow Squash (sliced into rounds)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced into rounds)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 8 Mushrooms (halved and trimmed)
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a blender, and blend time smooth.
- When cutting the skewer ingredients, match the size of the vegetables to roughly the size of the shrimp, so that they cook evenly. Divide the marinade into two batches and put the vegetables into one batch, and the shrimp into another. Allow them to marinate for 30 minutes. Discard the marinade from the shrimp, and reserve the vegetable marinade.
- Preheat grill or grillpan to medium-high.
- Thread alternating ingredients onto the skewers, and grill, rotating every two minutes, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Dinner Lunch