An all in one meal!
Michael Symon's Shrimp Corndogs with Chipotle Mayo
- For the corndog:
- 12 Colossal Shrimp (shelled and deveined with tails only)
- Vegetable Oil (to fry)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Corn Meal
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- Kosher Salt
- For the chipotle mayo:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of 1/2 Lime
- 3 tablespoon pureed chipotle in adobo
- 2 tablespoon Chives (finely chopped)
- For the shrimp: Preheat oil to 365F.
- Thread a skewer through each of the shrimp, like rock candy.
- In a shallow baking dish, mix together the batter ingredients until a smooth batter is formed. Batter each of the shrimp.
- Fry each of the shrimp in the oil until batter is crispy and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Do this in batches if necessary. Transfer to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- For the chipotle mayo: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, and chipotle until it is consistently incorporated. Fold in the chives.
- Serve the chipotle mayo alongside the shrimp.