Bite Size Lemony Pancakes
Carla Hall's Silver Dollar Ricotta Pancakes with Lemon Oil
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup fresh Ricotta (strained)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Butter (melted plus more for greasing pan)
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
For the Lemon Oil:
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (washed and cut into small pieces)
- pinch of Salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a second bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Whisk the wet into the dry mix until fully incorporated. Set aside to rest while making the Lemon Oil.
- Preheat a griddle or non stick pan to medium heat. Add some butter to grease the pan. Pour a few tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear and a few pop. Flip with a spatula and continue to cook on the second side until golden. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Serve a few pancakes with a spread of pulp, drizzle with Lemon Oil and garnish with powdered sugar.
For the Lemon Oil: Place ingredients in a blender and puree. Strain into a bowl, reserving pulp.
1. The batter is very light so you don’t have to whip it too much. There should be a few lumps.
2. The remaining pulp from the strained lemon oil is a delicious topping on the pancakes as well -- thinly spread it on top for added flavor.
Similar categories: Breakfast & Brunch