You don't need to spend a ton of time or cash to impress the moms in your life this Mother's Day! Just whip up this special Mother's Day 5 in 5!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 Sirloin Cutlets
- 1 bunch Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 pound Arugula
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar (divided)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- Salt and Pepper
- Pound the sirloin cutlets to a 1/2-inch thick. Season on both sides with salt.
- Put the flour into a shallow dish. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Lightly dredge the sirloin cutlets in the flour and then sear on both sides. Once seared, remove cutlets from pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil, red bell pepper, the sliced red onion and garlic to the pan and season with salt. Once softened, add the oregano, the stock, and the red wine vinegar. Place the meat back in the pan. Add arugula to pan and cook until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the steak with the sauce and vegetables.
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice