If you think ordinary sandwiches look delicious, take a look at this whopper, filled with roast chicken, bacon, jalapeño mayo, and Carla's old-fashioned hamburger joint onion rings!
Six-Foot Spicy Sub
- For The Roast Chicken:
- 6 3-4 pound chickens
- 12 lemons
- 3 bunches thyme
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (separated)
- For the Jalapeño Mayo:
- 6 cups mayo
- 6 jalapeños (seeded and minced)
- Juice and zest of 4 limes
- 1 bunch basil (leaves only/chiffonade)
- For The Toppings:
- 3 heads romaine lettuce (chopped)
- Onion Rings
- 1 pound Bacon
- For Roasted Chicken: Stuff each chicken with 2 lemons and a half a bunch of thyme. Rub the skin with olive oil, salt, and fresh ground pepper. Roast at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature comes to 165 degrees F. Let rest, remove the meat from the bones and set aside.
- Jalapeño Mayo: Combine the mayo, jalapeños, lime juice, zest, and basil. Mix well to combine.
- To Assemble: Spread the mayo evenly on both sides of the bread then layer the picked chicken, bacon, onion rings, and lettuce.