Simple and delicious!
Dry-Rubbed Skirt Steak with Peach Cucumber Salad
- For the Skirt Steak:
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 5 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Dry Porcini Mushrooms (finely ground)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2- pound Skirt Steak
Peach Cucumber Salad:
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Basil
- 3 tablespoons Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoins Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 ripe Peaches
- For the Skirt Steak: Combine the sugar, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, pepper, mushroom powder and 1/4 cup olive oil. Stir to form a thick dry paste. Coat the steak evenly with the paste and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat Grill. Remove Steak from the refrigerator and brush off excess marinade with a dry paper towel.
- Cook steak over high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. The internal temperature should reach 120 degrees. Remove from grill.
- Peach Cucumber Salad: While the steak rests prepare the peach and cucumber salad. Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds. Peel peaches, remove pits and then slice thin.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh basil leaves. Toss to combine. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Slice skirt steak against the grain and serve with peach cucumber salad.