Avocado Mousse Brownies
Carla Hall's Smashed Avocado Brownies
- 10 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (melted)
- 4 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups ripe Avocados (about 2 avocados)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs (whisked)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
For the Avocado Mousse:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- pinch of Salt
- 1 ripe Avocado (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon chopped Mint
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cookie spray. cut 2 - 8" wide strips of parchment and lay crossed, inside the dish with the excess hanging over the edges of the dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted chocolate, butter and avocado. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir into the wet mixture in additions. Stir the chocolate chips in with the third additions of dry mix and fold until small streaks of flour are visible. Make sure not to over work the batter or the brownies will be tough. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve each brownie with a dollop of avocado mousse.
- For Avocado Mousse: Whip the heavy cream to medium peaks with the sugar, vanilla and salt. Continue to whisk and add in the avocado. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the mint.