Summer is almost here and it's time for some smokey barbecue.
Smoked Ribs with Honey and Oregano
- For the Ribs:
- 3 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds (Toasted and Ground)
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Racks Pork Spare Ribs
- 2 Lemons (Juiced)
For the Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 cup Red Onion (Minced)
- 3 Lemons
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt for Serving
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- For the Ribs: Mix together the dried oregano, garlic powder, paprika, coriander, pepper and kosher salt.
- Moisten the ribs with lemon juice and then coat all sides with the rub, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Set up your grill or smoker for indirect heat, meaning the ribs will not be directly over the heat source. Using low heat and apple-wood chips, put the ribs on the cool part of the grill, cover, and smoke for 1 hour.
- For the Glaze: Whisk together the ingredients, reserving the lemons. Check for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- To Assemble: Arrange 2 of the racks on a large piece of foil, overlapping them like roof shingles. Add the fresh oregano and pour one-third of the glaze on top of the ribs and seal tightly in the foil, being careful not to tear it. Wrap in a second sheet of foil. Repeat twice, using the remaining racks and glaze, reserving some glaze for brushing.
- Return ribs to the grill and cook meat-side-down for 30 minutes over low heat. Flip the foil bundles and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs from the grill and let rest in the foil for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, increase the grill heat to medium-high. Cut the lemons in half and grill flesh-side-down until nicely marked and slightly soft (3-5 minutes)
- Remove the ribs from the foil, put on the hot grill meat-side-down, and cook for 4 minutes. Brush steak with remaining glaze. Flip and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the ribs from the grill and garnish with the grilled lemons, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil.