A winning recipe!
Tamika Goodridge's Smokin' Bacon Mac and Cheese
- 2/3 Box Elbow Macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 16 ounces Grated Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Medium Onion
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 Slices thick cut hickory bacon
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook elbow macaroni and set aside.
- Grate onion, saving any juice released.
- In medium cast iron pot, melt butter. Add onion and bacon, sauté until cooked.
- Add macaroni, milks, and heavy cream. Stir in egg. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese, set the remaining aside.
- Add crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and stir.
- Divide between your 6-8 ramekins.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining cheese and bread crumbs on each ramekin.
- Bake in over on top shelf for 10-15 minutes or until cheese has crusted. Remove and serve.