Traditional Italian Spaghetti
Mario Batali's Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (sliced thinly)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Flakes
- 3/4 cup Pickled Cherry Peppers
- 1/2 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Fat Boy Bread Crumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and season generously with salt. Cook the pasta for one minute less than the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium-low heat, add about 1/3 cup of olive oil. Add the garlic, chili flakes and pickled peppers. Add a tablespoon of pasta water to ensure the garlic doesn't brown. Cook gently until the garlic softens, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pasta from the water and transfer to the pan. Toss to coat and add a ladle full of reserved pasta water.
- Drizzle with a healthy amount of olive oil and toss in the chopped parsley. Toss to coat and emulsify the sauce. Serve in bowls and top with fat boy bread crumbs.