Add a little kick to your dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Pomi strained tomatoes (simmered until reduced by half)
- 1 pound spaghettini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for serving
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato paste and pepper flakes in a large pot and stir over low heat just until fragrant. Stir in the tomato sauce and remove from the heat.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ¾ cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta and the reserved pasta water to the tomato sauce and stir and toss over medium heat until the pasta is well coated. Season with salt if necessary, then add the oil, tossing well. Serve immediately, with grated Parmigiano on the side.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pasta Spaghetti Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Black Bean Dip with Spiced Pita Chips
Roasted Pickled Pepper Hero
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes