Add a little kick to your dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Pomi strained tomatoes (simmered until reduced by half)
- 1 pound spaghettini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for serving
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato paste and pepper flakes in a large pot and stir over low heat just until fragrant. Stir in the tomato sauce and remove from the heat.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ¾ cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta and the reserved pasta water to the tomato sauce and stir and toss over medium heat until the pasta is well coated. Season with salt if necessary, then add the oil, tossing well. Serve immediately, with grated Parmigiano on the side.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pasta Spaghetti Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice