Add a little kick to your dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Pomi strained tomatoes (simmered until reduced by half)
- 1 pound spaghettini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano for serving
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato paste and pepper flakes in a large pot and stir over low heat just until fragrant. Stir in the tomato sauce and remove from the heat.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving ¾ cup of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta and the reserved pasta water to the tomato sauce and stir and toss over medium heat until the pasta is well coated. Season with salt if necessary, then add the oil, tossing well. Serve immediately, with grated Parmigiano on the side.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pasta Spaghetti Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw