Give your dinner an extra kick with this spicy pasta dish.
Spaghettini with Bottarga and Chiles
- 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 Jalapeño (Sliced Into Thin Rounds)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 cup Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound Spaghettini
- 1 "Tongue" Bottarga (Pressed Red Mullet Roe) - Shaved or Finely Grated
- 1/4 cup Dark Toasted Fat Boy Bread Crumbs
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
- In a 12- to 14-inch saute pan, combine the olive oil, chili flakes, jalapenos and garlic and saute until the garlic is almost brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, until tender yet al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain the pasta and add it to tomato mixture. Toss over high heat one minute. Divide among 4 heated bowls, shave bottarga over each bowl, sprinkle with bread crumbs, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.