This tasty dish is sure to be a hit with even your pickiest family members.
Spanish Shrimp Romesco
- For the Shrimp:
- 12 Colossal Head-On Shrimp
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Romesco Sauce:
- 3 Red Bell Peppers (roughly chopped)
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 head Garlic (smashed skin-off)
- 1 1/2 cup Stale Bread (cubed)
- 1/2 Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 2 fresno chiles (chopped)
- 1 cup olive oil
- For the Romesco Sauce: In a large dutch oven heat 1 cup of olive oil. Add the peppers, fresno chiles, garlic, tomatoes, almonds and bread. Season with salt and smoked paprika. Cook on stove for 6-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender or food processor (this can be done in batches if necessary). Add red wine vinegar, orange zest and juice and season with salt. Puree sauce until smooth.
- For the Shrimp: Preheat a griddle or piastra over high heat, and brush with olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, and then arrange on the griddle or piastra. Cook until pink, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with the romesco sauce.