A refreshing summer cocktail!
Ming Tsai's Sparkling Blueberry Cocktail
- For the Ginger Syrup:
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Fresh Ginger (cut into 1/8-inch slices - about 2 large hands)
For the Gimlet Mix:
- 12 ounce Sweet and Sour Mix
- 4 ounce Freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 ounce Ginger Syrup
For Each Drink:
- 1 1/2 ounce Ty Ku Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Blueberry Vodka
- 1 teaspoon Gimlet Mix
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Puree or Syrup
- Club Soda
- 1 Very Thin Lime Wheel
- For the Ginger Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, 2 cups water and ginger and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by half, 40 to 45 minutes. Strain out the ginger and set aside.
- For the Gimlet Mix: In a Mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sweet and sour mix, lime juice and ginger syrup. Stir and refrigerate.
- For Each Drink: Fill the tumbler of a Boston shaker with ice. Add the Ty Ku liqueur, vodka, gimlet mix and pomegranate purée. Shake until the shaker is beaded with sweat and very cold to the touch. Taste and adjust any of the ingredients as needed. Pour the liqueur mixture into a highball glass and top with a splash of the club soda, garnish with the lime wheel, and serve. Recipe courteesy © Simply Ming in Your Kitchen: 80 Recipes to Watch, Learn, Cook & Enjoy by Ming Tsai with Arthur Boehm, Kyle Books, October 2012.