Herbs and acidity transform Greek yogurt from a powerhouse breakfast to an elegant dressing for the lamb.
Spice Rubbed Lamb Tenderloin with Yogurt Sauce
- For the Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons Spanish Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground Fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground Black Pepper
- For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh Clementine Juice
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt and freshley ground Black Pepper
For the Lamb:
- 1 1/4 pounds Lamb Tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- For the Spice Rub: Stir together the paprika, cumin, mustard, fennel, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the Yogurt Sauce: Whisk together the yogurt, oregano, and clementine and lemon juices in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- For the Lamb: Sprinkle each tenderloin liberally with the rub. Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Drizzle the lamb with the oil and grill until golden brown on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doness, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the yogurt sauce.