Ron Badach's Spicy Black Bean Burger with Chipotle Mayo
- 1 cup Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Black Beans (pulsed)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 Scallions (fine chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Hot Sauce (several dashes)
- 2 teaspoons Salsa
- 1 1/4 cups Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1/2 Chipotle in Adobo (minced)
- 1/4 Lime (juice)
- Lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh Chives (chopped)
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
For the Toppings:
- Caramelized Onions
- Pea Shoots
- Ciabatta Rolls
- Combine beans, scallions, garlic, egg, spices, hot sauce, salsa and bread crumbs. Mix together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form burger patties out of mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a pan or grill pan over medium heat and then grill patties on one side until crisp, flip the patty and then top with pepperjack. Cook until crisp and cheese has melted.
- For the Toppings: Top burger patties with chipotle mayo, carmelized onions, and pea shoots. Serve on a toasted ciabatta roll.
- For the Mayo, combine mayo, chives, chipotle in adobo, lime juice, and lime zest.