Cayenne Encrusted Steak
Brian's Spicy Grilled Rib Eye with Rosemary Potatoes
- For the Spicy Rib Eye:
- 2 Rib Eye (bone in; 1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Salted Butter to finish
For the Red Skinned Potatoes:
- 5 Red Skinned Potatoes (1-inch cubes)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary (chopped)
- For the Steaks: Preheat outdoor grill. In a rimmed baking dish, whisk together olive oil, cayenne, garlic, salt and pepper. Place steaks in marinade and flip to coat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. Before grilling scrape off any large bits of garlic.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Right before removing steaks from grill top with a pad of salted butter.
- For the Red Skinned Potatoes: Place potatoes in foil packet with a few pads of butter and season with salt and pepper. Seal and place on the grill. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking open packet and add the rosemary. Seal and continue to cook. Once done, remove and serve along side steak.
Similar categories: Dinner