Serve these spicy pork meatballs on pizza dough, a bun, or mixed in with pasta.
Spicy Pork Meatball Lettuce Cups
- 1/2 recipe Spicy Pork Meatballs
- 1 English Cucumber (sliced lengthwise in 4 pieces)
- 4 Radishes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded Carrot
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (torn)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves (picked)
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced into rings)
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce (leaves separated)
- 1 Lime (cut in wedges)
- For the Spicy Pork Meatballs:
- 1/2 cup Day Old Bread (finely chopped or torn)
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup Onion (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- zest of 1 Orange
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- Canola Oil for pan frying
- To assemble the lettuce cups, choose the bigger outer leaves of lettuce. Place 2 meatballs in each followed by a piece of cucumber, some radishes, carrot, mint and cilantro then top with jalapeno. Garnish with lime wedges.
- For the Spicy Pork Meatballs: In a small bowl, soak the bread in the milk. In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients. Season the meat mixture well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Ring out the excess milk from the bread and add it to the meat mixture, discarding the milk. Mix all of the ingredients well then form in to golf ball sized meatballs.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough canola oil to come slightly up the sides of the pan. Dredge the meatballs in the flour, shaking off any excess then place them in the pan. Brown on all sides, about 5 minutes, then remove to paper towels and assemble your lettuce cups.