A great addition to any sandwich!
Spicy Tomato Jam
- 2 pounds tomatoes on the vine (blanched with the skin removed)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Score and blanch the tomatoes, place in ice bath and remove skin.
- Place tomatoes, sugar, honey, lemon juice and zest, salt and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Stir and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Continue to cook allowing the mixture to come to about 220 degrees or a thick syrupy consistency, stirring occasionally, about 45-50 minutes.
- Put jam into a jar or use immediately.