Spoq au Vin
This recipe was a favorite of Julia Child and soon it will be one of yours too. Enjoy
- step-by-step directions
Spoq au Vin
- 1/2 pound Thick Sliced Bacon (cut into lardons)
- 2 cup Frozen Pearl Onions
- 4 cup Crimini Mushrooms, halved
- 6 Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin-on)
- 1 cup Flour plus 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 12 sprigs Thyme
- 2 cup Red Wine
- 3 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- Place a large Dutch oven over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the bacon and cook until it’s crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Next add the onions to the pan and cook for a few minutes in the bacon fat until they slightly caramelize. Season them with some freshly ground black pepper. Add the mushrooms to the pan next in an even layer.
- Place that same pan over medium high heat and add 3 teaspoons of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken skin side down. After the chicken has browned on one side, flip it over to brown the other side, also adding the garlic cloves and thyme. When all of the chicken is evenly browned, remove it to a plate, then drain any fat left in the pan, leaving the thyme and garlic in the pan.
- Add the 2 tablespoon of flour and mix into juices. Add the red wine and bring it to a boil. Then add the chicken stock. At this point, remove the garlic cloves and thyme and discard. Place the chicken back into the liquid and pour the onions, mushrooms and bacon on top. Stir in the butter, and reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the heat, then sprinkle the parsley on top and serve with your favorite accompaniment.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Breast Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Cuisine French
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad