Shake off the winter blues with this spring dish!
Michael Symon's Spring Chicken
- 8 Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin-on)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 tablepsoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Ramps
- 1 Lb Fingerling Potatoes (sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick ovals)
- 4-6 Baby Carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Dill (chopped)
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a dutch oven over-medium high heat, add the olive oil and the chicken thighs, skin-side down. Don't touch the chicken until the skin releases from the surface of the pan, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate, then add the ramps, carrots and potatoes to the dutch oven. Deglaze the pan with wine and stock, then season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add dill, and lemon juice and zest. Return chicken to dutch oven and simmer until cooked through (about 15-20 mins), or place in conventional oven to finish.
- Plate chicken thighs, ramps, carrots and potatoes. Drizzle each with a little olive oil and serve.