This amazing dish is sure to be one of the best you've ever tasted! Try it for dinner tonight!
Spring Lamb Chops with Ultimate Fried Potatoes and Fava "Guac"
- 2 whole Baby Lamb Racks (8 bones each - 16 total)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 2 cups Peanut Oil
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 cups Shucked Fava Beans (cooked in boiling water for 8 minutes)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup minced Spring Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced Jalapeno
- 1 Lemon
- Cut and trim lamb chops, place on an oiled cookie sheet, season with salt and pepper
- Cook russet potatoes in their jackets in 1 quart water at a simmer for 35 minutes or until tender. Cool and refrigerate.
- Make guacamole: Mince the garlic, grind the mint, onion and jalapeno, add the fava beans, and hand squish until homogeneous, but still chunky, season with lemon and sea salt.
- Heat the grill for the chops. Heat the peanut oil in a heavy pot to 300 degrees.
- Slightly crush potatoes, then cook potatoes in a cast iron pan containing the peanut oil until golden brown. Let cool, then refry until deep golden brown.
- Rub chops with olive oil, then grill medium rare. Remove from the pan and dust with Parmesan. Place on the table on a cute platter. Surround with lamb chops.
- Dot each chop with fava guacamole.