Dinner is about more than just the main course, it's about the sides also. Try this one and see why. Calories per Serving: 150
Spring Onion Fritelle
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Seltzer Water (chilled)
- 1/2 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 4 Bunches Spring Onions or Scallions (whites and about 2 inches of greens sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, seltzer water, cheese, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine. Cover, and let rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and stir in the spring onions.
- In a 12-to-14 inch cast iron or nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and drop tablespoons of batter into the hot oil to make 2-inch pancakes. Cook until golden brown on the first side, then flip to brown on the other side. Once they are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the fritelle to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste, serve immediately.