Spring forward with this dish!
Michael Symon's Spring Pasta with Chive Breadcrumbs
- For the Chive Breadcrumbs:
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Minced chives
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the Spring Pasta:
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil plus extra to drizzle
- 2 Gloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 pound English peas (blanched)
- 1/2 pound Fava beans (shelled and blanched)
- 1 pound Fresh linguini pasta
- Salt to taste
- 1 Bunch Asparagus (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- For the Chive Breadcrumb Mixture: Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Toss in the breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and in a mixing bowl stir in the chives, zest, and the cheese. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the Spring Pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch if salt. Cook the pasta one or two minutes less than the package instructions suggest.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the garlic and the asparagus and season with salt.
- Add in the fava beans and peas. Add a ladle of pasta water to the pot along with the cooked pasta. Toss to coat and season again with salt, add some freshly grated Parmesan, butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and serve.