French Pepper Steak
Clinton Kelly's Steak Au Poivre
- 3 pounds Sirloin Steak
- Coarsely cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Shallots (chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- Aggressively season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Melt a tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat in a heavy pan. Pan fry steak for 5 to 6 minutes or until medium-rare. Remove steak from the pan, set aside.
- Add the chopped shallots to the pan, saute, for a couple of minutes. Add more butter or olive oil as needed.) Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and soft, about 1 minute. Deglaze pan with bourbon, scraping up brown bits in pan. Stir in mustard and more black pepper. Reduce heat and add half and half.
- Return steak to pan and baste with sauce. Slice steak and top with sauce to serve.