Mario Batali's Steak Fiorentina
- 1 T-bone Steak (2 inches thick)
- freshly cracked Black Pepper
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 1/2 bunch Sage
- Olive Oil
- Preheat cast iron pan over medium-high. Preheat oven to broil. Season steak generously with salt and pepper. Tie the herbs together with kitchen twine to form a brush. Dip the herbs in olive oil and brush the steak on both sides.
- Place the steak into the pan and sear for 6 to 7 minutes or until deeply caramelized. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Toss the herb bundle into the pan and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes for a medium-rare steak.
- Remove from oven and allow steak to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing.