Bring the big screen into your kitchen with this dish inspired by Stanley Tucci's film Big Night! It goes perfectly with a side of pan-roasted potatoes with paprika.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 top round beef steak (1 1/2 - 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- The steak should be 1/2-inch thick. If necessary, pound it between two sheets of waxed paper to achieve this thickness.
- Warm the butter and olive oil together in a large saute or cast-iron pan set over medium-high heat. When the butter is foaming rapidly, add the steak and fry to brown on one side, about 3 minutes. (If the steak is larger than your saute pan, cut it in half)
- Turn, and season with salt and pepper. Brown the other side, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan to a warm platter and set aside. Add the wine and oregano to the pan, scraping up any meat that may have stuck to the bottom. Simmer to sweeten the wine, about 1 minute. Meanwhile, cut the meat into six equal portions. When the wine sauce is ready, pour it over the meat and serve immediately.
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice