Bring the big screen into your kitchen with this dish inspired by Stanley Tucci's film Big Night! It goes perfectly with a side of pan-roasted potatoes with paprika.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 top round beef steak (1 1/2 - 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- The steak should be 1/2-inch thick. If necessary, pound it between two sheets of waxed paper to achieve this thickness.
- Warm the butter and olive oil together in a large saute or cast-iron pan set over medium-high heat. When the butter is foaming rapidly, add the steak and fry to brown on one side, about 3 minutes. (If the steak is larger than your saute pan, cut it in half)
- Turn, and season with salt and pepper. Brown the other side, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan to a warm platter and set aside. Add the wine and oregano to the pan, scraping up any meat that may have stuck to the bottom. Simmer to sweeten the wine, about 1 minute. Meanwhile, cut the meat into six equal portions. When the wine sauce is ready, pour it over the meat and serve immediately.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel