Stewed Chicken and Gravy
Skinless chicken thighs provide a ton of flavor without racking up too many calories.
- step-by-step directions
Laila Ali's Stewed Chicken and Gravy
- 6-8 Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 6-8 Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 cup chopped Green Onion
- 6 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped Thyme
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley to garnish
- sifted Flour to thicken gravy
- Put chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add paprika, chili powder, black pepper, and sea salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium low heat in a large sauté pan. Add yellow onion, green onion and garlic. Sauté about 6 to 8 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove onions from the pan and set aside.
- Put chicken in the sauté pan. Add a little more olive oil if needed. Turn heat up to medium high and brown chicken on both sides, about 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Return onions back to the pan. Pour in 5 cups of warm water. Add thyme and bay leaves. Stir all ingredients together and cook uncovered on medium heat for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Thicken gravy with sifted flour as needed. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley. Serve hot over rice or other starch.
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad