Brown Sugar Popcorn with Fruits and Nuts
Clinton Kelly's Sticky and Sweet Popcorn
- 12 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper sprayed with baking spray.
- Place the popcorn in an extra large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pot. Add the sugar, corn syrup and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Once incorporated stir in the walnuts and cranberries. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Break into pieces and serve.