Jamie Oliver (with help from Daphne) visited a viewer desperately need in of a fridge raid. Jamie heard the woman's desire for an economical - but delicious - meal for her family, so he whipped up this stir fry using ingredients most people have in their house!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 Chicken thighs (bone in/skin off)
- 4 Tablespoons Asian Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion (minced)
- 2 inch piece Ginger (peeled & minced)
- 1 bunch Cilantro stems (minced)
- 3 Scallions (whites minced while reserving greens)
- 3 Reserved Scallion greens (see above)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Habanero (minced)
- 3 spears Asparagus (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Sugar Snap Peas (minced)
- 4 leaves Rainbow Swiss Chard (stems minced/leaves sliced thin)
- 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Juice of a Lemon
- 4 cups Brown Rice (day old)
- 3 Eggs
- For the chicken: In a low-sided saucepan heat 2 Tbsp oil. Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in hot saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer to a small non-stick saute pan over high heat, reserving liquid. Top each piece of chicken with a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken begins to caramelize. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and finish cooking for 5 minutes. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with cilantro.
- For vegetables: In a large saute pan heat olive oil over high heat. Saute onion, ginger, cilantro, scallions, garlic and habanero stirring often for 2 minutes. Add asparagus, snap peas and swiss chard stems and continue to cook over high heat for another 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and stir to cover. Serve on a warm platter. Garnish with lemon juice and cilantro leaves.
- For rice: In low-sided saute pan stir rice into reserved juice. Cover & cook over medium heat until rice is hot. In a small bowl whisk eggs and soy sauce until frothy. Pour egg mixture over rice and place scallion green on top of rice. Cover and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal