Jamie Oliver (with help from Daphne) visited a viewer desperately need in of a fridge raid. Jamie heard the woman's desire for an economical - but delicious - meal for her family, so he whipped up this stir fry using ingredients most people have in their house!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 Chicken thighs (bone in/skin off)
- 4 Tablespoons Asian Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion (minced)
- 2 inch piece Ginger (peeled & minced)
- 1 bunch Cilantro stems (minced)
- 3 Scallions (whites minced while reserving greens)
- 3 Reserved Scallion greens (see above)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Habanero (minced)
- 3 spears Asparagus (sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Sugar Snap Peas (minced)
- 4 leaves Rainbow Swiss Chard (stems minced/leaves sliced thin)
- 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Juice of a Lemon
- 4 cups Brown Rice (day old)
- 3 Eggs
- For the chicken: In a low-sided saucepan heat 2 Tbsp oil. Season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place in hot saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer to a small non-stick saute pan over high heat, reserving liquid. Top each piece of chicken with a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken begins to caramelize. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and finish cooking for 5 minutes. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with cilantro.
- For vegetables: In a large saute pan heat olive oil over high heat. Saute onion, ginger, cilantro, scallions, garlic and habanero stirring often for 2 minutes. Add asparagus, snap peas and swiss chard stems and continue to cook over high heat for another 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and stir to cover. Serve on a warm platter. Garnish with lemon juice and cilantro leaves.
- For rice: In low-sided saute pan stir rice into reserved juice. Cover & cook over medium heat until rice is hot. In a small bowl whisk eggs and soy sauce until frothy. Pour egg mixture over rice and place scallion green on top of rice. Cover and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad