This pie is essential for your next backyard barbecue! It's sweet, easy and most of all a crowd-pleaser!
Strawberry Lemonade Icebox Pie
- 2 cups Graham Crackers (crushed into crumbs)
- 1 stick Butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 pints Fresh Strawberries (1 pint hulled and 1 pint hulled and sliced into coins)
- 1 pound Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 cups Heavy Cream (beat to stiff peaks)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make the crust, combine the graham crackers and butter and press into a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and set.
- Combine the lemon juice, water, and sugar in a small saucepot and stir until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, allow to cool completely.
- In a blender, combine the pint of the whole strawberries and the simple syrup. Measure out 3/4ths of a cup of this mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and the 3/4ths cup of the strawberry mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream (reserve some for garnish) into the cream cheese mixture.
- Crumble into each mason jar. Add a layer of this mixture in the graham cracker crust, and then lay a layer of strawberry coins. Add another layer of the cream cheese and repeat until pie is full. Transfer to freezer and freeze until set, at least 2 hours.
- Remove from pan to serve, and slice into pieces. Add a dollop of whipped cream and lemon zest.