Strawberry Peach Cobbler
Nothing spells summer like fresh strawberries and peaches. So, ring in the season with this cobbler.
- step-by-step directions
Strawberry Peach Cobbler
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large cans of peaches in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
- 1 box of pie crust mix
- 1 stick of butter
- vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- For the Strawberry Purée: Put 2 cups of frozen strawberries in a blender with 2 teaspoons of confection sugar and blend until fully puréed.
- For the Strawberry Butter: Put 1 stick of butter in a bowl and let soften completely to room temperature.
- Once softened, pour in 1 1/2 cups of strawberry purée into butter and stir until completely mixed. Optional: Pour the butter/strawberry mix into wax paper (set in small container and refridgerate a few hours until solid. This isn't necessary. You can scoop the softened strawberry butter into cobbler as well.
- For the Pie Crust: Pour the box of pie crust mix into a large bowl. The mix usually requires 5 tablespoons of water.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of strawberry purée, 1 tablespoon of Amaretto and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix until formed as directed on the box. Optional: If you want to exclude Ameretto from the recipe, use 2 tablespoons of water.
- To Assemble: Open two cans of peaches and drain out juice. Be sure to save 1 cup of the juice to add to the cobbler later. Frozen peaches may also be used, as they tend to hold up better during baking. Frozen peaches must be thawed. Optional: Cut peaches into thin slices as they layer easier and allow for manageable bites when eating.
- Cover the bottom of your pan (glass or foil work best) with half a cup of brown sugar, a light sprinkle of cinnamon and a dusting of nutmeg.
- Put two layers of peaches (one layer if you choose not to slice places thinly) to cover the brown sugar coating.
- Sprinkle a dusting of brown sugar on the peaches and then sporadically place pats (or scoops if still soft) of the strawberry butter.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of peach juice with 2 teaspoons of Amaretto and pour it over your peaches.
- Flour a cutting board with about a tablespoon of flour and roll out half of your pie crust. Cover your delightful first layer of peaches with the strawberry Amaretto pie crust. Repeat a second layer of peaches from the brown sugar directions.
- Baked at 350 degrees covered for 30 minutes and then uncovered for another 20/30 minutes until the crust browns.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Peaches Courses & Meals Desserts Crisps, Crumbles, Cobblers, & More Cuisine Southern
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber