This delightful dessert gets better with every bite and is never short on flavor! Make it today and treat your family.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Biscuit:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoon Butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup Milk plus more to brush
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Shortening
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
- For the Cream:
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 5- inch Sprigs Mint
- Lemon peels (striped)
- For the Strawberries:
- 1 pound Strawberries (cleaned and then hulled and cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Limoncello
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- For the Biscuits: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl or food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the shortening with fingertips or in food processor (quick pulses), then cut butter into dry mixture using the same method.
- Combine the sour cream, milk and water, and then make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour wet mixture in. Using wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir until just combined.
- Drop biscuits onto a grease baking sheet, and then sprinkle turbinado sugar over the biscuits. Bake at 350ºF until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- For the Cream: In a saucepot, bring the cream to nearly a boil, then add the peel of the juiced lemon, the mint, and remove from the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Once cool, strain the solids and chill in the refrigerator.
- For the Strawberries: Combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and lemoncello. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to macerate.
- Whip the steeped cream until stiff peaks form.
- Place a spoonful of macerated strawberries on top of the biscuit, and top with a dollop of the whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami