Macerated strawberries are delicately spooned over yogurt scratch biscuits and topped with whipped cream.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 pints Strawberries (tops removed and sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar (divided)
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- freshly cracked Black Pepper
For the Yogurt Scratch Biscuits:
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Granulated Suger
- 7 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cubed and kept cold)
- 1 1/4 cups Greek Yogurt
- Place the strawberries in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and toss to coat. Set the strawberries aside to macerate while preparing the biscuits.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and sprinkle in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Continue whipping to a medium peak.
- Just before plating add freshly cracked pepper and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to the strawberries and stir to combine.
- Slice the biscuits in half and add a large spoon full of strawberries, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a large dollop of whipped cream. Add a final drizzle of vinegar to the top along with freshly cracked black pepper.
- For the Yogurt Scratch Biscuits: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together in the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until combined. Add the butter, and pulse it a few more times, until the butter is thoroughly cut into the flour mixture.
- Add the yogurt and pulse the mixture a couple more times to stir it in, just until the mixture forms into a cohesive whole Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it 10 times, no more, no less. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour, though the dough should be somewhat sticky.
- Press the dough to a 3/4-inch thickness and cut into rounds using a glass or biscuit cutter, pressing straight down without twisting.
- Place biscuits on an ungreased parchment covered sheet pan. Reshape the remaining dough and cut into biscuits. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, depending on your biscuit size, or until the biscuits are a light golden brown.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw