This great salad will have even your picky eaters coming back for seconds.
String Bean Salad
- 1 pound Thin Green Beans
- 1/2 pound Small Boiling Potatoes (halved or quartered depending on size)
- 1/4 cup Black Olives (chopped)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- Blanch green beans and shock in ice bath. Boil potatoes until tender. Chop hard boiled eggs to desired shape.
- Cut green beans into thirds and add to a large salad bowl along with boiled and cooled potatoes, olives, eggs, and chopped oregano.
- Drizzle with red wine vinegar and olive oil to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made ahead of time.