Suzanne Avino's Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 medium-large White Buttoned Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4-6 ounces Mozzarella Cheese (about pea-sized)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Clean mushrooms by wiping with a damp cloth. Remove stems and trim. Chopped into small pieces. Scoop out brown gills from mushroom caps and discard. Chop mozzarella cheese into small cubes.
- In a bowl mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and egg. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil so mixture is moist -- it should be the consistency of cookie dough -- if not, add water a tablespoon at a time. Add stems and mozzarella and mix with your hands.
- Stuff the mushroom caps, mounding slightly. Drizzle glass baking dish with olive oil and arrange the mushrooms in the dish. Drizzle liberally with olive oil and bake for 35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and the tops have browned. Serve warm.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks