Sweet and Tart Berries
Carla Hall's Sugared Cranberries
- 1 pound fresh Cranberries
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Granulated Sugar (divided)
- Combine the water and 1/2 of the sugar in a large pot. Heat over medium, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add cranberries. Place a plate over the cranberries to submerge completely in the simple syrup. Cool in the fridge overnight.
- Remove cranberries, reserving syrup. Blend remaining sugar in a food processor until powdery, about 30 seconds. Spread sugar onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roll cranberries in the sugar to coat completely. Lay cranberries on a rimmed baking sheet and allow to dry in the fridge for 1 hour. Remove from fridge and roll in the sugar one more time.
- Transfer sugared cranberries to an air tight container and store in the fridge. Reserved syrup can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge.