Summery dessert that features all your favorite fresh fruit!
Carla Hall's Summer Berry Pudding
- About a Dozen White bread (crusts removed)
- 1/2 Cup Red Currant Jam
- 1/2 pint Raspberries
- 1/2 pint Blackberries
- 1/2 Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Line a medium-small glass bowl with plastic wrap.
- Spread red currant jam over each of the slices of bread. Line the bowl with the slices of bread, jam side in. Use as many pieces as necessary to create a solid layer. Reserve a few slices of the bread to use later.
- Combine the berries in a small saucepot over medium heat with lemon juice and sugar. Cook until the berries begin to burst, about 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour the berry mixture into the well in the bread-lined bowl. Cover the top with the reserved slices of the bread. Place a plate over the top, and weigh down with a book or kitchen brick. Place in refrigerator and chill overnight.
- To serve, remove the brick, and then hold the bowl and plate together and flip. Carefully remove the bowl.
- In another chilled bowl, whip the cream until peaks form. Fold in the cinnamon.
- Spoon portions of the summer pudding, and top with a dollop of the cinnamon whipped cream.